The 2022 winners, selected by four independent judges from San Diego media based on merits of the nomination, included:
• Sony Electronics Inc. – Business of the Year, Large Company
• Gary and Mary West PACE – Business of the Year, Medium Company
• Bytes, Inc – Business of the Year, Small Business
The chamber’s Business Leaders of the Year included:
• Chris Thorne, president, Gary Sinise Foundation, San Diego Chapter
• Siddhartha Vivek, president and CEO, Junior Achievement of San Diego County
• Dr. Ross Colt, medical director, Gary and Mary West PACE
Thorne personally leads multiple events across the San Diego community to support defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need. Over the last year, he has driven partnerships and personally led events with the San Diego Padres, the San Diego Loyal, the La Jolla Playhouse, the West Coast Hot Sauce Experience, Naval Medical Center, Marine Corps Recruiting Depot, CalFire, San Diego Police, El Cajon Police, San Diego Lifeguards, Veterans Village, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Camp Pendleton, Sycuan Casino and San Diego Realtors as well as many wounded veteran smart home turnover events.
Vivek was recognized as a “servant leader with an unwavering passion for serving San Diego County and finding the opportunity in every obstacle.” In the last 18 months at JA San Diego, he has implemented new revenue streams that not only drive sustainable growth for the organization but fill critical gaps in supporting young people’s future success. His contagious spirit for collaboration and new partnerships has dramatically expanded the organization’s footprint and reach across the county.
Through a global pandemic, Dr. Colt has managed the complex medical needs of a vulnerable community of North County seniors who are participants of the Gary & Mary West Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) program. Not only has he continued to guide participants safely and with care and compassion through an unprecedented pandemic, he’s also established remote medical services whenever possible to ensure the health and safety of program participants.
Emerging Leader, Nonprofits Also Recognized
Also honored at this year’s ceremony:
• Alanna Markey, Emerging Leader of the Year. Markey, vice president and general manager at InnoVision Marketing Group, started at the company in 2013 as an intern. Today, she works alongside InnoVision CEO Ric Militi to serve clients ranging from smaller businesses like Unicorn Jewelry in Rancho Bernardo to high-profile clients like Valley View Casino and Palomar Health.
• Armed Services YMCA was recognized as Military Supporter of the Year;
• The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank was named Nonprofit of the Year;
• San Diego County Regional Airport Authority was honored as “Think Local First” Business of the Year.
North San Diego Business Chamber is the only 5-Star U.S. Chamber of Commerce accredited organization in the San Diego County – and one of only 9 U.S. Chamber-accredited organizations in California.
The organization has a board of directors representing a Who’s Who of the San Diego business community. Stacey Hrountas, CEO of Sharp Rees-Steely is the current board chair and Joe Leventhal, office managing partner at Dinsmore & Shohl LLP is the chamber board’s chair-elect.
North San Diego Business Chamber
CEO: Debra Rosen
BUSINESS MEMBERS: 780
HEADQUARTERS: 10875 Rancho Bernardo Road
CONTACT: (858) 487-1767
NOTABLE: North San Diego Business Chamber first incorporated in 1980 as Rancho Bernardo Chamber of Commerce. In May 2014, the organization rebranded as the North San Diego Business Chamber.