A division of Rady Children’s Hospital that deploys quick-turnaround genomic sequencing in puzzling cases has added six board members.
The new board members of the Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine:
· Joe Beery, senior vice President and chief information officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific
· Scott Kahn, chief information officer of Luna PBC
· Donald Kearns, president emeritus of Rady Children’s Hospital and Health Center
· Frederic Luddy, founder and board chairman of ServiceNow
· Trindl Reeves, principal at Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency
· Jon Soderstrom, managing director, office of cooperative research at Yale University
The additions bring the board, chaired by David Hale, to 18 members. A board term is three years.
In January, the San Diego Business Journal covered San Diego’s leading role in a push for wider insurance coverage of genomics, including Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine.
In a first-of-its-kind pilot, the state program Medi-Cal last year began covering rapid sequencing of critically ill newborns at Rady.