Youngevity International Inc., a global direct marketer of nutritional and lifestyle products and a producer of gourmet coffees, said it took in $42.5 million in revenue in the second quarter, a 9.7 percent increase over last year.

The Chula Vista-based company reported a net loss of $109,000, down from a reported net loss of $408,000 in 2015’s second quarter.

Of total revenue, the company said it earned 87 percent from direct selling and the remaining 13 percent to commercial coffee sales.

The company attributed $3.7 million of the revenue, part of its direct selling division, to recent acquisitions.

Earlier this month, Youngevity announced it had acquired assets of Renew Interests LLC, including the brands and products of SOZO Global and Integris.

Financial details were not disclosed but the acquisition was expected to add a significant number of distributors and customers to Youngevity’s network.

Dave Briskie, the company’s CEO and president, said the company intends to continue expanding its ranks of distributors and expanding the products it sells through additional acquisitions and internal development.