La Jolla-based startup FHOOSH Inc., creator of tools to speed the completion of Web and PDF forms, has tapped leading college admissions and financial aid experts for its College Content Advisory Board.
The company appointed five advisers to help shape complementary website information and resources that will target students and parents who fill out complex college and financial aid applications each year, FHOOSH said.
The five advisers are:
• Jose Cruz, executive director at Barrio Logan College Institute, which helps first-generation-to-college students and their families pursue higher education
• Susan Morris, co-founder at ICAN Consulting Group, a college guidance consulting group
• Jonathan Reider, director of college counseling at San Francisco University High School and previously senior associate director of admission at Stanford University
• Marjorie Hansen Shaevitz, a college admissions author, speaker and professional counselor with more than 20 years of experience in the field;
• Lynn O’Shaughnessy, a nationally recognized college and financial aid expert, author of “The College Solution” and a blogger on thecollegesolution.com
FHOOSH aims to make it easy and secure for students and parents to complete college applications, aid packages, scholarships and other forms over the Web. College applicants can also swiftly fill in forms for obtaining their first credit-debit cards and checking accounts, signing up for housing and classes, and even buying college and dorm room essentials online, according to FHOOSH.